The Los Angeles Kings have been on fire lately, boasting a dominant three-game winning streak where they’ve outscored their opponents by a remarkable margin of 12-3. However, their true test awaits them on Wednesday as they go head-to-head with the formidable Vegas Golden Knights.
Just 11 days ago, the Kings faced the Knights in a thrilling contest that ended in a 4-3 shootout defeat. While not much has changed in such a short span of time, the Kings have certainly appeared more confident on the ice, and they are currently undefeated on the road this season.
One of the key factors behind the Kings’ success this season has been their depth scoring. Still, they will be banking on their top line, led by Quinton Byfield, to maintain their scoring form following a strong performance against the Philadelphia Flyers. Byfield, in particular, was outstanding against the Flyers, and if he can replicate that performance against the Vegas Golden Knights, it could put the Kings in an advantageous position.
Another crucial piece of the puzzle for the Kings is the performance of their goaltender, Cam Talbot. A solid performance from Talbot will undoubtedly boost the Kings’ chances of success in this upcoming clash.
- The Los Angeles Kings are riding a three-game winning streak with a goal differential of 12-3.
- The Kings face the Vegas Golden Knights after a shootout defeat in their last meeting.
- Depth scoring has been crucial for the Kings, but they rely on their top line and goaltender Cam Talbot for success.
In the upcoming matchup, the Kings are expected to line up as follows:
Los Angeles Kings Projected Lines: Forwards:
- Quinton Byfield – Anze Kopitar – Adrian Kempe
- Kevin Fiala – Pierre-Luc Dubois – Alex Laferriere
- Trevor Moore – Phil Danault – Arthur Kaliyev
- Carl Grundstrom – Blake Lizotte – Trevor Lewis
- Mikey Anderson – Drew Doughty
- Vladislav Gavrikov – Matt Roy
- Andreas Englund – Jordan Spence
- Cam Talbot
- Pheonix Copley
On the other side, the Vegas Golden Knights are expected to field the following lineup:
Vegas Golden Knights Projected Lines: Forwards:
- Ivan Barbashev – Jack Eichel – Jonathan Marchessault
- Paul Cotter – Chandler Stephenson – Mark Stone
- Pavel Dorofeyev – William Karlsson – Michael Amadio
- Will Carrier – Brett Howden – Keegan Kolesar
- Alec Martinez – Alex Pietrangelo
- Brayden McNabb – Shea Theodore
- Ben Hutton – Brayden Pachal
- Adin Hill
- Logan Thompson
As the Kings gear up for this exciting matchup, fans eagerly await to see if their recent winning streak can continue against the formidable Vegas Golden Knights. It promises to be a thrilling showdown between two top-notch teams in the NHL.